There is level access:
- From luggage drop-off area and ‘parking on the road’ to main entrance.
- From main entrance to guest accommodation.
- Within guest accommodation.
- In courtyard garden.
ACCESS WITH STEPS.
- Main entrance is 30” / 76cm wide with one low step.
- Breakfast-room is accessible via the main staircase – 11 steps. There is a handrail on the left going up, including a vertical rail on the turn of the stairs at the bottom step.
- Access into the Garden Pod has one step.
GUEST ACCOMMODATION – mini apartment with 1 bedroom, bathroom, kitchenette and hall area.
- On the ground floor.
- All on one level.
- 4′ / 1.2 meters from main entrance.
- Unsuitable for wheel-chair access.
- All internal doors 28” / 71cm wide
- Low ish ceilings.
- Two single beds 3’0 x 6’3 / 90 x 190cm . Also available as a 6’0 wide Super-King.
- Bedroom has a small table with two dining chairs.
- A light ‘Breakfast on a Tray’ is available, brought to your room or served in the Garden Pod on a warm sunny morning.
- Bathroom has bath with shower over and two substantial hand-rails.
- Choice of bedding including non-allergic (please notify alergy information in advance of your stay).
- We use ‘Norwex’ no-chemical products for laundry and cleaning in the guest accommodation.
- On first floor – see previous note.
- Low exposed beam in ceiling.
- Log burner fire.
PARKING / TRANSPORT
- Parking is available on the road, close to the house. Please request in advance if parking is specifically required on our driveway.
- Regular 555 Bus service from Lancaster to Keswick via Carnforth and Kendal. Bus stop is 15mins walk from the house.
- Local pre-book taxi firms available.
- Local train stations: Carnforth and Oxenholme Lake District. Taxis from/to station must be booked in advance.
- Manchester Airport directly accessible by train from local stations. Approximately 1 hour by car.
- Shop, Post Office and Pub all within easy walking distance in the centre of the village.
- We are a no smoking / no children/ no pets household.