Stone baked breakfast is our speciality at Tythebarn House
Read all about our breakfast it’s worth a peek!
Here’s how to recreate this treat at home….
- 2 thin Cumberland sausages
- 2 portions black pudding
- 2 small ready to bake bread rolls
- 2 – 4 rashers dry-cured bacon
- 1 small tin baked beans
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 2 potato cakes and a little butter
- 2 VERY FRESH eggs for the best result. Preferably at room temperature for quicker cooking.
- 1 x medium round baking stone (ours is Pampered Chef)
Heat oven to 180 C
Trim rind off the bacon
Prick the sausages
Spread a little butter on the potato cakes
Place the sausages and black pudding evenly across the Stoneware.
Curl the bacon rind into ‘pigs tails’ and place on top of black pudding.
Place in the oven and bake for approximately 10 minutes.
Remove from the oven and add bacon and bread rolls.
Return to the oven for another 10 minutes, then add baked beans (in a small ramekin dish), cherry tomatoes and potato cakes.
Bake for a further 5 minutes.
Crack eggs into cups.
Remove from the oven and carefully pour eggs onto the stoneware and return to the oven.
When the eggs are cooked to your liking (approx 5 -10 mins), remove from the oven and serve the breakfast on the stone straight to the table.
TAKE CARE as the dish stays very hot – perfect for keeping your breakfast hot too..
Image by Vic Brown